I have for the last couple of weeks been playing with the Beats By Dre Studio headphones and so far the experience has been really good. This includes both great hardware and a great experience in using them.
They came with the following
- Audio adapter for planes
- Aux cables (one with microphone and one without)
First impressions of the headphones is one word amazing. I could not believe the sound that the headphones had isolated me from:-)
Features of the headphones:
- Powered Isolation technology actively reduces external noise for crystal-clear sound; advanced speaker design
- Extra-large 40mm drivers deliver rich transient response
- Powered digital amplification provides wide, natural sound with deep bass
- Headband with hinged ear cups and ultrasoft, breathable plush ear pads is comfortable to wear
- Monster Quadripole headphone cable for reduced interference and expressive sound
- Includes Monster iSoniTalk headphone cable with integrated microphone and answer button for use with iPhone, Blackberry and other music-enabled cell phones
- Push to Listen mute button lets you talk on your cell phone without removing the headphones
- Folding design for go-anywhere portability
- Includes 2 AAA batteries, antimicrobial cleaning cloth, iSoniTalk cell phone cable, 1/8″-to-1/4″ headphone adapter and protective case
One thing that I like that about these headphones is that you can easily fold them together if you want, there is not much space needed when you carry these headphones with you folded together and it still offers the same great sound as earlier.
These headphones feels great compared to my in Ear Headphones from Monster. It feels like another pair of headphones. When you have these headphones around your ears there is one big thing you will notice and that is that they feel really comfortable. They have managed to combine the sound and comfort ability without sacrificing the quality of the headphones.
I listen to a long range of music artists, everything from Keisha, Alicia Keys to 50 Cent. What I like about these headphones is that they do not compromise the music quality when you listen to different range of music. I have had that happen for me on a long range of different music headphones that I have tested.
I have used these headphone’s while gaming (specifically Modern Warfare 2) and the headphones provides awesome sound for me. When running around on a course it almost feels like if I am there at the moment. The only thing they are missing is a microphone to truly make it gaming headset.
One thing I like doing when trying different headphones is to see how they work with different mobile devices. I have tried these headphones with Zune, Ipod, iPhone and iPod Nano. One clear thing about all of these devices is that they offer great sound, but how do they work with beats headphones? Simply awesome in one word. They cannot be any better.
One device that I have tried them with is the Zune HD and these two together offers a magical and awesome combination.
The battery so far is great. I have used them right now for around 40+ hours with the stock batteries inside of the headphones and not once have the headphones complained about the battery being low. It will be interesting to see how long the battery of the headphones last.
The case that they ship with headphones is really nice. I am surprised on how well it protects the headphones. I have had the headphones inside of my backpack in this case bumping around the New York , Amsterdam and Las Vegas airport and not once have I felt afraid that my headphones would be damaged.
Conclusion: A great pair of headphones. They are well worth the cost that you pay for the headphones. These are a pair of headphones that I have really been enjoying using and I do not Think that you will regret getting them if you decide to.